I typically buy ARM & HAMMER™ Super Washing Soda at my local Walmart in the laundry aisle but you can also find it at Dollar General! I love that it has so many uses and it’s been around since 1874!!!
- A natural detergent booster and freshener. It increases your detergents cleaning power to get out ground-in dirt and stains and cuts through greasy soils.
- It can be used all around the home and adds extra cleaning and freshening power to various tough household jobs
Plus, it is a natural product that is 100% Fragrance & Phosphate Free. And it helps neutralize and eliminate odors, not cover them up with perfumes
Here are a few of my favorite DIY recipes involving ARM & HAMMER™ Super Washing Soda , hope you find them useful to your household!
DIY Dishwashing Detergent
- 1/2 cup ARM & HAMMER™ Super Washing Soda
- 1/4 cup sodium citrate
- 1/8 cup baking soda
- 1/8 cup fine sea salt
Mix all ingredients together and place in an airtight glass container. Use one tablespoon per load in your dishwasher.
DIY Laundry Detergent
- 1 cup Borax
- 1 cup ARM & HAMMER™ Super Washing Soda
- 1 bar Fels-Naptha soap, grated very fine
Mix all ingredients together and place in an airtight container. Use 1 heaping tablespoon per load of laundry, 2 scoops for an extra dirty load. I always dissolve the detergent in a bit of warm water before adding it to my washing machine to get it dissolved well because I typically wash our clothes in cold water (unless I’m doing sheets or towels!) This works great in a top loader and is a low sudsing detergent so it should be fine in an HE washing machine but check your instruction manual before using!
DIY Carpet Stain Remover
- 1-2 tsp ARM & HAMMER™ Super Washing Soda
- 1 cup hot water
- 1-2 drops liquid dish soap
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 cup hot water
To make this, mix the ARM & HAMMER™ Super Washing Soda and 1 cup of hot water in a spray bottle, then add in the liquid dish soap and shake well. Spray onto carpet stain but do not saturate and blot but do not rub. Let solution sit for 10-15 minutes and then extract excess water with a wet/dry vac. Then mix the vinegar and hot water together and spray onto the stain. Blot, spray, extract, and repeat for a few cycles until stain is gone!
A few other amazing uses for ARM & HAMMER™ Super Washing Soda are:
Laundry Presoak- Add 2 Tbsp ARM & HAMMER™ Super Washing Soda to one gallon of warm water. Soak clothing overnight to help with stain removal.
DIY Oven Cleaner 1 cup baking soda 1 cup ARM & HAMMER™ Super Washing Soda 1 Tbsp Castile soap, 2-3 drops of vinegar. Mix ingredients together to make a paste. Coat surface of your oven and let sit overnight. Wipe with a warm cloth in the morning!
Drain Cleaner- Add 1 cup ARM & HAMMER™ Super Washing Soda to your drains and follow by pouring 2-3 quarts of boiling water down the drain to keep them clean.
Drain De-Clogger- Add 1/4 cup ARM & HAMMER™ Super Washing Soda and follow with 1 quart boiling water to unclog drains. Do not use if you have already poured store bought cleaner down the drain already!
Cookware Scrubber- Sprinkle ARM & HAMMER™ Super Washing Soda on a damp sponge, scrub pots and pans and rinse well. *Not for aluminum cookware! *Make sure to wear gloves as washing soda can cause a skin reaction!!!
I hope you enjoyed all of these amazing uses for ARM & HAMMER™ Super Washing Soda ! You will be able to clean so many things in your home! Plus making your own detergents and scrubs will save you so much money in the long run!!! Thanks for stopping by today! Love, Maggie
What is your favorite DIY cleaning product recipe? Share it with me in the comments for a chance to win a $100 Visa gift card!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 11/1/16– 12/1/16
Be sure to visit the Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda Brand Page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!