With the help of Chinet® Cut Crystal®, I had the pleasure of hosting a fun “baby sprinkle” (a baby shower for a momma who is on her second or later child!) for one of my lovely friends in our playgroup. It was so much fun to surprise this super sweet momma with a super sweet Chocolate Fondue party! I just love the idea of a baby sprinkle… since every new baby no matter if they are your first or your last always needs a few essentials.
This Chocolate Fondue party was so fun to put together! I thought it would be cute to have individual cups of mini chocolate fondue and then offered lots of fun foods to dip into them like strawberries, angel food cake bites, Ritz crackers (you have to try it… a little salty and a little sweet!), maraschino cherries, marshmallows, and bite size Rice Krispie treats. I also offered a few toppings to dip our treats into to like colorful sprinkles, mini M&Ms, and dried shredded coconut. The party colors were aqua, baby pink, and gold so I made a tissue paper garland in those colors for over the fondue table and carried them over to the wooden fondue skewers by painting the handles in the same colors… so in love! I also spray-painted a few plastic toy animals gold and our friend can now use them in her new babe’s nursery as decor!
I decided to use these Chinet® Cut Crystal® 9 oz cups for the individual cups of chocolate fondue because they look so much like glass with their clear look and the swirl pattern on them but soooo much better because they won’t shatter if dropped and that is huge for us mommas when we all have at minimum two children! You get all the fanciness of glass without the extra work in having to wash and dry them afterward. I really liked that I could just throw them away when we were done eating which is such a huge hooray for being able to spend more time laughing and eating and praying blessings over my friend and her baby. I liked the slimmer, taller Chinet® Cut Crystal® 18 oz cups for beverages (we had a yummy ice cream punch and also some sparkling cider to “toast” the momma-to-be) and this size also worked nicely to use as a container for the fondue skewers…score!
I thought I would share my favorite recipe for Chocolate Fondue… it always gets rave reviews and could not be any easier to make or taste any better!
- 10 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ tsp vanilla
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, warm the heavy whipping cream.
- Once the cream starts to simmer take the pan off the heat and add in the chocolate cups.
- Stir until all chips are melted and then add in vanilla
- Serve once mixture is smooth.
Once you make your fondue… eating it is as easy as 1, 2, 3! Just dip your favorite food into the chocolate fondue… And if you are so inclined, dip your chocolate coated piece of deliciousness into some sprinkles!!! So Good! Visit the Chinet® Cut Crystal® website for other inspired decoration, craft and recipe ideas to make your next gathering perfectly coordinated. If you would like a chance to win a $100 Visa gift card and a Chinet® gift pack (approximate retail value of gift pack $50) which includes:
- one (1) Chinet® Classic White™ Round Dinner Plate (15ct) (ARV $5.00)
- one (1) Chinet® Classic White™ Round App & Dessert Plate (35ct) (ARV $4.00)
- one (1) Chinet® Classic White™ Beverage Napkins (40ct) (ARV $5.00)
- one (1) Chinet® Cut Crystal® 9 oz. Clear Cups (25ct) (ARV $4.00)
- one (1) Chinet® Cut Crystal® 14 oz. Clear Cups (18ct) (ARV $4.00)
- two (2) Chinet® Cut Crystal® Dinner Plate (8ct) (ARV $8.00)
- one (1) Chinet® Cut Crystal® Stemless Wine Glass (8ct) (ARV $4.00)
- one (1) Chinet® Cut Crystal® Dessert/App Plate (12ct) (ARV $4.00)
- one (1) Chinet® Cut Crystal® Cutlery (48ct) (ARV $4.00)
- one (1) Chinet® Comfort Cup® 16 oz. Insulated Cups (10ct) (ARV $4.00)
- one (1) custom craft pack, including craft accessories for two (2) Chinet® Cut Crystal®-inspired crafts (ARV $4.00)
Please share with me in the comments below, “How would Chinet® Cut Crystal® elevate your next get-together?”
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 5/4/15 – 6/14/15.
Be sure to visit the Chinet brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!