I love that all you need to do is take out the neck and giblets pack in the center cavity, give the whole chicken a nice rinse, mix up this crazy awesome spice mix and rub it all over, and place it in your crackpot….that’s it….maybe 10 minutes of time and you have yourself a delicious rotisseries style chicken in 6-8 hours max!
- (2) 4 lbs whole chickens or some variation on the weight
- *I like to get a 6 or 7 lb chicken and that way I have leftovers for a few meals
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2-4 tsp salt
- Rinse and clean your chicken with cold water. )This means take out the giblet packet that is hidden in the open cavity for those that never even knew this was in there!)
- I like to cut off as much of the skin as possible so your end product is not super greasy.
- Mix all of the seasonings together and rub all over the chicken.
- Place the chicken breast side up and slow cook for 6-8 hours on high or 8-10 hours on low.
- *May also add in potatoes, onions, and or carrots to cook along with chicken at the beginning of cook time!
So, that’s it. Super simple and super good. Now just sit back and listen to the oohs and ahhs from your hubby and your kids as they devour this delicious meal that they think you spent all day cooking. Then relax this evening as your hubby watches the kids since you slaved in the kitchen all day *wink, wink*