*This is a sponsored post by Mirum, and as always all opinions are 100% my own.
A few nights a week I like to try to make some meatless meals that are heavy on the colorful veggies and low on the carbs. And being a mom who is typically on the run chauffeuring my kids from one activity to the next most nights of the week, I like my meals to not only taste good but also to be quick to put together. These Mexican Stuffed Zucchini Boats are both of those things, hooray! Plus you can make them ahead of time and then throw them in the oven 20 minutes before you need to eat, score for a fast and delicious weeknight meal!
Mexican Stuffed Zucchini Boats
To make this crazy good meal you will need the following:
- 4-5 medium size zucchini
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced
- 1 tbsp I Can't Believe It's Not Butter! Organic
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked
- 1 cup corn, drained
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- Place a tablespoon of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter! Organic in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the diced onion and jalapeño and saute until onion is transparent, about 5 minutes.
- Add in the rice, corn, black beans, chili powder, and cumin and cook until warmed thoroughly.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- While veggies and rice are cooking, slice the zucchini in half, lengthwise.
- Using a spoon, scoop out the center of the zucchini and place each hollowed out half in a large casserole dish.
- Spoon the veggie mixture into the hollowed out zucchini, sprinkle cheese over top if desired, and then cover the dish with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
I just love all the colors here!
To saute the the onion and jalapeño I used the new I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter! Organic which you can currently find in your refrigerated aisle at Target. Here’s just a little about ICBINB Organic:
- It’s USDA Certified Organic, non-GMO spread. It’s made with the goodness of plants, has the unbelievable taste of I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!®, and it’s Organic!
- Great for cooking and baking
- No artificial flavors or preservatives
- Made with real, simple ingredients
- 0g trans fat per serving*
- No partially hydrogenated oils
- 79% vegetable oil
You cannot beat this easy and delicious meal!!
And right now you can take advantage of a 20% off Cartwheel offer on I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter! Organic though the following dates:
You can also find more great posts like this one here:
Thanks for stopping by today!