These spicy Mexican Tortilla Pinwheels are perfect for summer weather and make a great appetizer or quick meal!We are big fans of quick snacks and meals in our house because we are typically on the run after school, and one of our favorites just happens to be these super-easy to make (and eat) Mexican Tortilla Pinwheels. They make great grab-and- go eats since they are pretty mess-free and you can eat them in the car between activities without much fuss and no need for utensils. These roll ups also make great appetizers and tend to be a big hit at parties from the Big Game to award shows! You can make them in just a matter of minutes and if you have little ones like I do, they are easy enough for them to make too! As a busy momma, I love when my kids can help make their own meals!
I love adding some protein in our Mexican Tortilla Pinwheels by placing a few slices of deli meat on top of the cream cheese/salsa mixture. And one deli meat brand that I really like to use is HORMEL® NATURAL CHOICE® OVEN ROASTED DELI TURKEY, which you can find at most grocery stores for around $3.50.
I love that HORMEL® NATURAL CHOICE® products because…
- they have no added preservatives
- are 100% natural* with no nitrates or no added nitrates*
- there are no artificial colors or flavors
- they are minimally processed
- they are wholesome and delicious clean eating: yes, please and thank you from this momma!!!
Mexican Tortilla Pinwheels
I hope you enjoy these easy roll ups as much as we do!
- 1 package (8) 10-inch tortillas
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 4 oz can green chiles
- ½ cup salsa
- Cling Wrap
- Combine cream cheese, sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, green chiles, and salsa in a medium bowl until well combined. Set aside.
- Scoop about ⅓ cup of salsa mixture onto the tortillas and spread evenly.
- Layer the deli meat slices over top (3-4 per tortilla) and then tightly roll up each tortilla.
- Wrap each tortilla in cling wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Once ready, unwrap the cling wrap, slice into 1-inch pieces, and enjoy!
These are so easy to make!! First grab a package of 10″ flour tortillas and a package of HORMEL® NATURAL CHOICE® Oven Roasted Deli Turkey and set aside. Mix together cream cheese, sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, salsa, and green chiles in a bowl and then spread about 1/3 cup over the tortillas. Layer the deli meat slices over top and then
tightly roll up each tortilla. Wrap each tortilla in cling wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours. Once ready, unwrap the cling wrap, slice into 1-inch pieces, and enjoy!
Crazy delicious appetizer or on-the-go snack…ready in no time!
And if you like this recipe you will be sure to love these as well:
Thanks for stopping by today!
What’s your go-to quick and easy lunch? Comment below for a chance to win a $100 Visa gift card!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#Sweeps” and “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from SheKnows via the email@example.com. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 5/15/17- 7/31/17
Be sure to visit the brand page on Sheknowsmedia.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!
* Minimally Processed. No Artificial Ingredients.
* No nitrates or nitrites added except for those naturally occurring in cultured celery and cherry powder.