Okay, okay, don’t kill me for this post today but I thought I would share one of our favorite fast fixes for when we are craving Sticky Buns but just don’t have the time to make them from scratch. Oh my, don’t you just love sticky buns? I adore them as does my family, you might even say a little too much.
This recipe works particulary well on those Sunday mornings when we just can’t seem to get everyone out the door for church on time. Does that ever happen to you? We always try to enjoy a nice family breakfast before we go, sometimes pancakes or french toast and always with bacon or sausage…Mmmm!…but some Sundays it seems like everything and everybody is running late so our breakfast needs to be made a bit more quickly even though we still want it to be sit-down-at-the-table good, you know.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do, oh and you can customize it too. Add bananas, chocolate chips or replace the pecans with walnuts or even try no nuts at all! Let’s hear it for quick and delicious 🙂
Quick Fix Sticky Buns
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1 tube refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 2 tbsp butter, cut into 8 pieces
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- In a muffin tin, place one piece of butter into 8 compartments.
- Sprinkle pecans and brown sugar over top of the butter.
- Open up the tube of biscuits and place one over top of each muffin tin, pressing the biscuit down slightly.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
- Once the biscuits are golden brown take the muffin tin out of the oven.
- Place a piece of parchment paper on a cookie sheet and while the sticky buns are still hot, flip them out onto the cookie sheet.
- You may need to scrape some of the caramelized sugar and pecans from the bottom of each tin.
I used Trader Joe’s buttermilk biscuits, these are definitely large-sized biscuits kinda like Pillsbury Grands. Large biscuits work well in this recipe but if you would like a more gooey sticky bun you may want to buy the smaller tube of buttermilk biscuits (the Pillsbury’s Grand Jr variety) or up the butter and brown sugar a bit!
Grab your pecans and chop them into small pieces, I like to use raw pecans but you can use roasted and salted pecans too…
Then get your 3 tablespoons of brown sugar, light or dark, it doesn’t matter!
Then take 2 tablespoons of cold butter…
And cut into 8 pieces, enough pieces to equal the number of biscuits in the can. Place a piece of butter into the bottom of 8 muffin tin compartments. PS…I’m using a 6 muffin tin so I’ll have two biscuits leftover to use for later!
Then sprinkle the pecans and brown sugar over top.
Smoosh a biscuit over top, just like so. The bigger biscuits will juuust fit into the tins, perfection!
Bake at 375 degrees for about 8-10 minutes or until the biscuits are golden brown.
Once the sticky buns are done, flip them out onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper for easy clean up.
Mmm…how good do these look?
Dish them up and enjoy with the ones you love!