After I posted our family’s favorite recipe for The Best Homemade Waffle Mix Ever, I received a whole boat load of emails asking if you could use that recipe for pancakes too. Now, while I am sure you could, I never do. Instead I use our family’s most favorite recipe for The Best Homemade Pancake Mix Ever…haha, seeing a theme here? 😉
This mix, like the other, is so easy to make. And, just like the other, you can also make it Gluten-Free, wahooo! All you do is sub out the all-purpose flour for the Gluten-Free blend of your choice. I also don’t add xanthum gum as some had asked about…you totally can but I usually don’t…we don’t notice a whole lot of difference either way with pancakes or waffles!
- 1½ cups all-purpose or Gluten-Free flour
- 3½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1¼ cup milk (can use coconut or almond as well)
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp butter, melted
- ½ tsp vanilla
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a medium-sized bowl.
- Slowly add in the milk, egg, butter, and vanilla and mix until just blended.
- The batter should be runny.
- Heat a griddle or large skillet over medium heat.
- Spray with non-stick cooking spray or melt a pat of butter.
- Pour pancake batter onto griddle.
- Cook until bubbles form, then flip and brown the other side.
These pancakes are seriously sooooo good…light, airy, and just the right touch of sweet. I even made a big batch for these Mini Pancake Push-Up Pops!