*This blog post was sponsored by Kraft but the opinions are completely my own based on my experience.
If you are looking to up your game in the mac n cheese department or would just like to try adding something that isn’t hotdogs, well today is your lucky day! This VELVEETA Nacho Bake recipe I’m sharing takes mac n cheese to a whole new level by adding ground beef, taco seasoning, and some delicious nacho fixings into the mix. This delicious twist on shells and cheese is perfect for kids and adults and not only does it become a filling main dish but also makes a perfect meal for game day! You are going to love adding this dish to your game day spread!
This dish is like the marriage of two amazing meals in one…nachos and mac n cheese! And who doesn’t love combining two delicious things into one! We are big taco eaters in our family and I love that this recipe adds in taco seasoning…and salsa…yummy! And the added protein is always a bonus because with four growing kids, we are always looking for ways to get extra protein in their meals!
Velveeta Nacho Bake
This recipe is part of Kraft’s Rink-Ready recipes which is a part of of the Kraft Hockeyville program. Kraft Hockeyville is an annual campaign that Kraft Heinz created in partnership with the NHL. Deserving people throughout the country are able to enter for their chance to host an NHL game at their local community rink. In addition, the winner will recieve $150,000 in rink upgrades!!!
- 1 pkg (12 oz) VELVEETA Shells & Cheese Dinner
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 pkg (1oz) TACO BELL® Taco Seasoning Mix
- ¾ cup BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
- ¾ cup KRAFT shredded Cheddar Cheese, divided
- ¾ cup TACO BELL® Thick & Chunky Salsa
- ½ cup coarsely crushed tortilla chips
- Heat oven to 400 degrees
- Prepare Dinner as directed on package. While macaroni is cooking, cook meat with taco seasoning as directed on package.
- Stir sour cream into prepared Dinner.
- Spoon half the Dinner mixture into an 8-inch square baking dish; top with layers of meat mixture, half the cheddar and remaining Dinner mixture. Cover.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Top with salsa, remaining cheddar, and crushed chips.
- Bake uncovered 5 minutes.
Super simple ingredients for a super easy to make meal!
If you like this recipe, you can find more Rink-Ready Recipes here! And don’t forget to vote for a community to receive $150K in rink upgrades and host an NHL Pre-Season game as the next Kraft Hockeyville USA: www.krafthockeyville.com
Thanks for stopping by today!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kraft Heinz. The opinions and text are all mine.