*This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Aidells®. The opinions and text are all mine.
It’s kinda hard to believe that in about one month our crazy afternoon schedules full of kids activities will slow down and there will be a bit of reprieve in the hustle and bustle when school ends. Now don’t get me wrong, I love having my kids in sports and activities and watching them excel in things they love, it’s just that with 4 kids each doing one thing, well, it adds up to busy weeknights! 🙂 Anyway, I wanted to share a favorite quick meal that is pretty darn health conscious too! We try to eat as clean as possible and this easy dinner fits the bill so nicely! Let me introduce you to…Chicken & Apple Sausage and Goat Cheese Stuffed Sweet Potatoes…YUM!
This meal is a hit every time and the leftovers work wonderfully as a lunch…and even a breakfast (I’m not gonna lie!) There is lots of protein, good carbs, and lots of good for you nutrients to keep your belly full and your body full of energy! Here are the details for making your own Chicken & Apple Sausage and Goat Cheese Stuffed Sweet Potatoes!
- 2-3 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 Aidells® Chicken & Sausage Links, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 1 tbs olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 handful of leafy greens (optional)
- 2 tbs goat cheese (optional)
- Cook your sweet potatoes until they are soft. (microwave or oven works fine!)
- Let cool and set aside.
- In a frying pan over medium heat, add in 1 tbs of olive oil and coat the pan well.
- Saute the onion and garlic for 3-5 minutes or until translucent.
- Add in sliced sausage and cook for an additional 8-10 minutes, mixing everything together.
- If you would like, add in a handful of leafy greens and let cook until wilted (another 3-5 minutes)
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Slice open cooled sweet potatoes and place heaping spoonfuls of the Chicken & Apple Sausage mixture.
- Sprinkle goat cheese over top if you would like.
And I gotta say we just love the Aidells® Chicken & Apple Sausages because their ingredients are super clean. They are Gluten-Free, have No Nitrites, No Added Hormones, and all sausages are hand-crafted with real, hand-picked ingredients in small batches with care. Plus they are fully cooked and ready in just 8-10 minutes: sauté or grill over medium heat or bake at 375 degrees.
To make this easy meal, first bake up some sweet potatoes. You can use the oven or the microwave if you are short on time. Let them cool and then slice them down the center and set aside.
Then sauté chopped onion and garlic in olive oil until translucent. Throw in two sliced sausage links and cook for an additional 8-10 minutes. If you want a bit more of a nutritious punch, add in a handful of leafy greens and cook for another 3-5 minutes or until nicely wilted. Then add a dash of salt and pepper to taste.
And for the final step, stuff your sweet potatoes generously with your sausage mixture and if you can handle it, sprinkle some goat cheese over top!
Nom! Now doesn’t that look amazing!!!
We hope you love this deliciously easy meal idea and if you would like a few more good recipes you can visit Aidells® for more!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Aidells®. The opinions and text are all mine.