Today I thought I would re-post my recipe I shared for the Soup of the Day series over at Delia Creates earlier in November!
I just love for Fall and all the warm foods that go with it. My family just loves soups, stews, and chili for dinners since they are flavorful one bowl meals. I love them because they are easy to make, are hard to mess up, and can usually be made in my crockpot or can simmer on the stove most of the day making the dinner time hour not so crazy…and we can all use that!
- 1 14.5 oz can kidney beans, undrained
- 1 14.5 oz can black beans, undrained
- 2 10 oz. cans Rotel (or diced tomatoes & green chilies)
- 1 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 packets chili seasoning mix (or use my DIY mix found at SmashedPeasandCarrots.com)
- 1 cup water
- Place all ingredients in a Dutch Oven with lid and mix well.
- Cook over medium-low heat for about 1 hour.
- Or place ingredients in a slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
Stir it all together and then place the lid on your pot or crockpot. Let cook on the stovetop over medium-low flame for about 1 hour or in the crockpot on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
You can eat it my favorite way by sprinkling some sharp cheddar cheese over top along with a dollop of some sour cream…or maybe try some crushed tortilla chips? or jalpeno peppers? You can choose your own adventure with this one!