Today I thought I’d share with you one of our family’s favorite chocolate chip cookie recipes. This one is super awesome for a couple different reasons. Number 1…it’s Gluten-Free! Can’t beat a great tasting gluten-free cookie recipe, that’s just the cats pajamas if you ask me. Number 2…It’s made with a touch of sea salt! Have you ever tried the combination of chocolate and sea salt? Oh my heavens, it’s utterly devine! And Number 3…this recipe makes a pretty amazeballs chewy chocolate chip cookie, the best kind of chocolate chip cookie is a chewy one in my opinion!
- 1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup evaporated can juice or granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1¾ cup gluten free flour (such as Bob's Red Mill)
- ½ teaspoon sea salt plus more for topping
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the butter, brown sugar, evaporated cane juice (or granulated sugar) and vanilla extract until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and mix until combined.
- Then add in the gluten-free flour, sea salt, and baking soda and mix well.
- Add the chocolate chips last and mix until thoroughly incorporated.
- Scoop dough onto a piece of parchment paper and roll the dough into a log that is approximately 2 inches in diameter and 12 inches long.
- Wrap the log with the parchment and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Next, preheat the oven to 350F.
- Cut the chilled dough log into ½-inch disks.
- Place them on baking sheets lined with parchment paper or silicone mats leaving 2 inches in between the cookies.
- Sprinkle the tops of the cookies with sea salt.
- Bake for 11 to 12 minutes or until edges set and start to turn golden brown. Slightly under-baking them will keep them chewy and moist.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before trying to lift them. **Store them in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Dough may also be frozen, just let it thaw a bit at room temperature so that it can be sliced.
Simple ingredients to make these simple yet delicious chewy chocolate chip cookies!
Then place the dough on a sheet of parchment paper and roll it into a log measuring 2 inches by 12 inches and refrigerate for about 1 hour. Then slice the log into 1/2 inch cookies and place on your baking sheet. Sprinkle the tops of each cookie with sea salt and bake at 350 degrees for 11 minutes or just until the edges are turning golden brown.
So easy and so delicious! Who knew gluten-free could taste so good!
Thanks for stopping by today!