We tend to use Old-fashioned rolled oats (and usually of the gluten free variety too!), but feel free to use what you have on hand (just make sure to follow the package directions). We also use fresh, frozen, or dried blueberries depending on what is on hand each season. It’s still pretty chilly here in Chicago so we currently rotate between either frozen or dried. And a word to the wise, if you do use fresh or frozen, you may want to mix your blueberries in right before you eat as they will turn your oatmeal into a pretty purple color!!!
- 1¾ cup milk or water
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ¼ cup dried blueberries (or ½ cup fresh or frozen)
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp vanilla
- Brown sugar to taste (we like about a TBSP per serving
- In a small saucepan, bring milk or water and salt to a boil.
- Stir in oats, vanilla, cinnamon, and dried blueberries. (Add fresh or frozen blueberries after oatmeal has cooked!)
- Cook about 5 minutes over medium heat until oats have thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar and enjoy!
a pinch of salt, water or milk of you choice, vanilla, cinnamon, and some light brown sugar to sweeten it up a bit. Perfection!!! So real quick, can I just share with you how much I love this new flip-top canister of Domino® Pourable Light Brown Sugar, which you can see in the picture up above!!! They offer it with their Domino® Quick Dissolve Superfine Sugar as well (We have Domino® brand here in the Midwest, but if you’re in the Western half of the country, be sure to look for its “sister brand” C&H® Sugar in grocery stores!). It is seriously the best thing ever for little hands (and big hands too, lol!). My kids were always dumping the whole bag of clumpy brown sugar into their oatmeal before this nifty new invention. It’s like a prayer answered for moms with independent, strong-willed children who must do everything themselves!
This pourable brown sugar is free-flowing and does NOT clump, hooray! It’s available in a dispenser with a sleek design that fits comfortably in your hand and has new recloseable flip-top lid. This way you can pour or sprinkle your sugar with ease and without having to break up messy clumps! The pourable brown sugar also measures cup for cup as regular brown sugar so there is no need to “pack it” when measuring.
Look for Domino® Sugar canisters, or it’s sister brand, C&H® Sugar, at a grocery store near you. For a coupon, visit HERE, or for C&H® brand, visit HERE. For a chance to win a $100 VISA gift card, share with me in the comments below, “What’s your favorite way to use brown sugar?”
Good Luck! Maggie
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including a disclosure that your Tweet is a sweepstakes entry and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.