St. Patrick’s Day is coming up at the end of the week and that means something I look forward to eating this time every year…Corned Beef! I love corned beef in the form of a thick and hearty corned beef sandwich complete with coleslaw, melted swiss cheese, and toasted rye bread. Drippy, delicious goodness if you ask me 🙂
I was looking through my recipe archives and couldn’t believe I haven’t shared these recipes with you yet, whaaat? So to make this St. Paddy’s day dinner a breeze for you here is my go-to easy peasy crockpot corned beef recipe with super simple coleslaw…set it and forget it, for reals.
Crockpot Corned Beef
Recipe type: Slow Cooker
- 1 3-4 lb corned beef brisket
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 bottle of beer (dark if you have it) or 1 can of beef broth
- Corned beef seasoning packet (usually included with the brisket)
- Place the corned beef brisket in your crockpot and pat the brown sugar and seasoning packet over top of it.
- Pour the bottle of beer or can of beef broth into the crockpot and place lid on.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 1 package of coleslaw mix
- ⅔ cup mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp dried minced onion
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- dash of salt
- Place the coleslaw mix into a large bowl.
- In another small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, vegetable oil, sugar, dried minced onion, vinegar and salt.
- Pour over top the coleslaw mix and combine well.
- Place in the refrigerator so the flavors can meld together for a few hours before eating.
- Coleslaw will produce more liquid as it sits so do not worry that there is not enough wet ingredients when mixing together!
Alrighty, so to make the Crockpot Corned Beef you will need a beer. Or a can of beef broth if you are gluten-free. Your choice, both work perfectly!
You will also need 1/2 cup of brown sugar and the seasoning packet the comes with the corned beef! Place the corned beef, brown sugar, seasoning packet, and beer (or beef broth) into your crockpot with the lid on and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 hours. That’s it. I told ya it was easy 🙂
To make the coleslaw, you will need a bag of coleslaw mix. You can find this near the prepackaged lettuce in the produce section of your local grocery store.
You will also need 1 tablespoon of vinegar, 2/3 cup of mayonnaise, and 3 tablespoons of veggie oil…
Mix the above in a small bowl with a dash of salt, 1 tablespoon of minced onion, and 1/2 cup of sugar.
Pour over top your coleslaw mix and refrigerate for a few hours before you eat.
I just make it after I put the corned beef in the crockpot and have it sitting in the fridge all day. It tastes sooo good by dinnertime!
When your corned beef is done it will be nice and stringy, like this! Tell me how good does this look!!
Now to make a super awesome corned beef sandwich you will need some rye bread. Toast it up in your toaster or oven. Then add a piece of swiss cheese, your delicious corned beef, a huge scoop of coleslaw and then smoosh it all together…YUM!
Happy (early) St. Patrick’s Day to you!
Like it? Share it!783160