Here is a recipe that my momma used to make us when I was a kid for Saturday family lunches, a super delicious homemade Sloppy Joe, that’s right I said HOMEMADE! You don’t have to buy a can of Manwich to partake in this messy goodness.
- 1 pound bag of "meat" crumbles (I use the Morningstar Farms Meal Starters Grillers Recipe Crumbles)
- ¾ cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1½ tbsp brown sugar
- Heat your ground beef or meat-free crumbles through until completely cooked.
- Add in ketchup, vinegar and brown sugar and stir until well combined.
- You may want to add more ketchup if you like it saucier or more vinegar if you like more kick...maybe even a tad more brown sugar if you like it sweeter.
- Basically, the ingredients can be played with to make it taste just right for your family...you can't mess it up cause you just have to balance out 3 ingredients.
- Serve on buns.