With Chicago finally getting a dose of Spring weather (hey, we got up to 70 degrees on Saturday…although now it looks as if we may see a bit of snow this week, bummer!) I thought it would be fun to make some happy treats for my littles in the form of Spring Chicks to celebrate getting outside to play. And even happier that they are individually sized treats in the form of push-up pops. Man, I love these things! If you are in need of a fun Easter dessert may I present to you…Spring Chick Push-Up Pops! These little chicks are almost too cute to eat. Almost. Hehe.
I created these little guys thanks in part to Pillsbury. They asked me to try their #GoBold Challenge and celebrate more every day. I was given a variety of the new Pillsbury® Funfetti® cupcake & cake mixes in BOLD colors to review. And let me just tell you, if you are a fan of their Funfetti mixes and frostings you will love this line. Same great vanilla taste but with bold colors in Aqua Blue, Orange All Star™, Neon Yellow, and Vibrant Green. Each mix is available in 8.25 ounce pouches and the frostings are available in 16 ounce with colorful candy sprinkles included in the lid. To make these Spring Chick Push-Up Pops you will need one pouch of Pillsbury ® Neon Yellow Funfetti® Cake Mix and one container of Pillsbury ® Neon Yellow frosting. Make the cake mix as directed on the back of the package and bake in a 8 x 8 greased pan. Once cake is cooled, use the lid of a spice container or a small-sized biscuit cutter to cut out circles. Place one cake circle into the push-up container and layer with frosting, continuing until the top of the container. Place a large dollop of frosting on top and decorate with two mini chocolate chips for the eyes. To make the beak, flatten an orange Starburst candy and cut out a small triangle. Place beak underneath the eyes. If you would like you can cut out wings from a yellow piece of scrapbook paper and tape to sides of the push-up pop container.
- One pouch of Pillsbury ® Neon Yellow Funfetti® Cake Mix
- ⅔ cup water
- ¼ cup oil
- 2 egg whites
- One container of Pillsbury ® Neon Yellow frosting
- Mini chocolate chips
- Orange Starbursts candies
- Make the cake mix as directed on the back of the package and bake in a 8 x 8 inch greased pan.
- Once cake is cooled, use a small-sized biscuit cutter or the lid of a spice container to cut out circles.
- Place one circle of cake into the push-up container and layer with frosting. Continue doing this until you reach the top of the container.
- Place a large dollop of frosting on top and decorate with two mini chocolate chips for the eyes.
- To make the beak, flatten an orange Starburst candy and cut out a small triangle.
- Place beak underneath the eyes.
- If you would like you can cut out wings from a yellow piece of scrapbook paper and tape to sides of the push-up pop container.
If you’d like to see more recipes and ideas from Pillsbury visit the Pillsbury Baking website here.
And show how you #GoBold by uploading your creations to the Pillsbury Baking Facebook Page or on Instagram using the hashtag #GoBold and tagging @PillsburyBaking until April 28, 2014 for a chance to win an assortment of Pillsbury Funfetti & BOLD cake mixes and frostings. There will be 8 winners announced weekly!
Thanks for stopping by today!
*I have been compensated by the J.M. Smucker Company to promote its Pillsbury Fall products, but the opinions expressed are my own. ©/® The J.M. Smucker Company. Pillsbury is a trademark of The Pillsbury Company, LLC, used under license.