As you all know, I have a thing for bento lunches for my kids. I love the idea of small bites of lots of different foods instead of just a sandwich and a piece of fruit. For a while now I have started making “bento lunches” for my husband and I that are a little more grown up. I typically start with rice as my base and then layer on a protein and lots of veggies. I can make a stack of them and have them ready to go in the refrigerator at the beginning of the week. Then when we are hungry (or my husband heads into work for a full day) we just grab and go. It makes eating a healthy meal during the week so much easier! (affiliate links present)
And with meal-time planning back in full swing with the kids going back to school and the frenzy of “what’s for dinner” begins every night thanks to homework and all those after school activities, Johnsonville is here to help! Whether you are looking for a sausage penne recipe for family Italian night, a quick, healthy mobile breakfast idea, or advice on the juiciest brats for your tailgate this weekend, Johnsonville is available 24/7 for 9 weekdays, starting September 5th
- Dial 844-9-SAUSAGE or TEXT 97406 (to the Bob Bot) and you’ll be greeted by a Johnsonville employee who will share recipe ideas, time saving tips and even step-by-step instructions.
- Just like last year, the folks on the other end of the line will be real-live Johnsonville employees in Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin. Because who knows how to cook with Johnsonville better than the people responsible for making it?
- Johnsonville is adding text messaging to the meal-planning mix this year thanks to an all-new Sausage Support Center operator – the Bob Bot. Text 97406 to reach the Bob Bot, a chatbot robot that is armed with all of the institutional sausage knowledge of other Johnsonville employees, with a little Wisconsin-charm to match.
- “Bob Bot” was created after real Johnsonville member, Bob – a 60+ year old Sanitation Coordinator & former Green Bay Packer player.
- For more information, visit www.sausagesupportcenter.com
Easy Greek Chicken Bowls
One of our favorite bowls to prep are my Easy Greek Chicken Bowls. I love using brown rice as my base layer because it’s full of fiber. Then I add in a homemade Tzatziki sauce, fresh tomatoes, and a crunchy (and super easy to make) cucumber salad along with bite-sized pieces of grilled chicken on top! We could honestly eat this all week long…is that bad? 😉
And I know I share my love for these Easy Lunchbox containers for my kids school lunches but for us grown-ups, I super love to use these Pyrex glass containers! For various reasons but the most obvious is the fact that I don’t dare send my children to school with glass containers, lol! But honestly, I love them for my husband and I because they are the perfect size for a meal for us and we can also easily reheat our meals in them (minus the lid!) because I don’t like microwaving plastic!
I hope you enjoy this easy recipe to make your own Greek Chicken Bowls!
- For the Bowl
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, sliced
- Johnsonville Flame Grilled Black Pepper and Sea Salt Chicken Breast, chopped
- Cucumber Salad
- 1 english cucumber, thinly sliced
- ½ small onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- ½ tsp oregano
- Tzatziki Sauce
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 english cucumber, peeled and finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 tsp dried dill weed
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp fresh mint, chopped, optional
- In a medium sized bowl, mix all ingredients for the cucumber salad together and let marinate together for 5-10 minutes.
- In another medium sized bowl mix together all ingredients for the Tzatziki sauce.
- In three containers, place 1 cup each of brown rice.
- Then over top add the Tzatziki sauce, Cucumber salad, chopped chicken, and sliced tomatoes.
This Cucumber Salad is so easy to make and the taste is seriously out of this world good! Tzatziki Sauce is one of my favorite sauces! In my opinion, you can never have to much! I love that all it takes is 5 simple ingredients to make it too!!You can always grill up your chicken yourself but I found these new Johnsonville Flame Grilled Black Pepper and Sea Salt Chicken Breasts that are already cooked and ready to eat and THEY. ARE. AMAZING. They make meal prepping even easier, holla for that!
And now you can have a delicious and nutritious meal ready and waiting for you in your refrigerator for when you are just too tired or too busy to make one, hooray! How is that for adulting made easy!!!
You can also find more great posts like this one here:
Thanks for stopping by today!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Johnsonville. The opinions and text are all mine.