Today I’m sharing one of my favorite appetizers/snack/side dishes…oh, it’s so hard to pin this recipe down! My recipe for Stuffed Jalepeño Peppers is not only super tasty but it’s also sooo easy to make! These are great as a side dish to a delicious Mexican meal, wonderful as a snack at your next game day gathering and even better as an appetizer when you are entertaining a few good friends over the weekend 🙂
You can use any type of hot or mild peppers…just not sweet peppers, that would just be weird. If you love spicy but can’t take that much heat you can do two things to help out in that department 1) remove the seeds and membranes after you have sliced your jalepeños in half 2) Boil the jalepeños in a pot of water for 5-10 minutes depending on the variety of pepper you are using and the amount of heat you want to enjoy. The longer you boil the peppers, the less spicy they become.
Stuffed Jalepeno Peppers
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 12 large jalepeño peppers or another variety of hot pepper
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- small bunch of chives
- Wash and dry peppers.
- Slice peppers in half lengthwise and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, mix together the cream cheese and the cheddar cheese.
- Stuff each pepper half with the cream cheese mixture and place in a greased baking pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes or until the cheese is nice and melted.
- Chop chives, sprinkle over top and serve warm.
- May add chopped bacon over top to kick this dish up a notch!
- **Please, please, please use latex gloves when handling hot peppers. This will help keep your hands from burning as well as will help protect you from accidentally touching your eyes with hot pepper hands when you get that totally random itch...ouch!
Oh the peppers, don’t they look great! I’m not sure what kind these are but they for sure aren’t jalepeños. I happened to get them at my local farmer’s market, they were large (about 4-5 inches in length!) and hot…so good!
Add your cream cheese to your mixing bowl. Don’t soften it!! It will be so much easier to stuff your peppers if you add the cream cheese straight from the refrigerator.
Then mix in 3 cups of shredded cheddar cheese…
Stuff your peppers nice and full by mounding the cream cheese mixture in the middle. It will spread as it bakes so this will help keep it in the pepper so you have a nice presentation in the end!
Bake at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes.
Once the peppers are done baking, snip a small bunch of chives over top. Really, the only purpose this serves is to look puurty! If you would like you could also add a bit of chopped bacon as well, your call!
Oh now, isn’t this just heaven in a baking dish!
I love making these when I host Momma’s Night Out…they are always a hit and the first dish gone!
I hope you make some for your next get together, you will not be disappointed!
Like it? Share it!11420